Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of and agreement to be legally bound by these Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. The No Brainer Contest is organized and facilitated by Edo Japan (the “Sponsor”).
2. The Contest begins on January 14, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on February 20, 2020 at 11:59 MT.
3. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, except Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province at the time of entry.
4. The Contest is not open to employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and Contest judges.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING.
6. Twice a week a No Brainer question will be asked on Edo Japan’s Facebook Page and Instagram (a “Contest Post”). To submit a contest entry and become an entrant (a “Contest Entrant”) you must comment on the Contest Post with the correct No Brainer answer (“Contest Entry”).
7. You are only permitted one (1) Contest Entry per Contest Post. A person can only submit a Contest Entry to one of each of the twelve Contest Posts. Multiple entries to the same Contest Post by the same person, even if under a different user name, is prohibited.
8. Use of any automated system to submit a Contest Entry is prohibited and will be disqualified.
9. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the Contest Entrant is the person whose Facebook or Instagram user account submitted the Contest Entry. It is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
10. On or before February 28, 2020, the Sponsor (or the Sponsor’s agent) will choose one (1) randomly chosen finalist from all eligible Contest Entries (the “Finalist”). The odds of winning will depend on the number of Contest Entries.
11. The contact period will run on or before February 29, 2020 until March 11, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MT (the “Contact Period”). The Sponsor will contact the Finalist by sending the Finalist a message via Facebook or Instagram (using the medium used by the Finalist to submit a Contest Entry).
12. It is your responsibility to ensure that your settings enable you to receive messages and that you check your messages in the medium that you used to submit a Contest Entry. If you are the Finalist, you must respond to the Sponsor’s message before the end of the Contact Period. Your failure to respond will disqualify you from the Contest. Disqualification of the Finalist will be at the sole authority and discretion of the Sponsor.
13. If the selected Finalist cannot be contacted by three (3) attempts within the Contact Period then the Finalist will be disqualified from the Contest and forfeits the opportunity to be a winner. The Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may select another eligible Contest Entry as a Finalist.
14. The Finalist must return to the Sponsor the “Contest Release” and correctly answer the skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsor within five (5) business days of receiving the Contest Release and skill-testing question (“Contest Release and Skill Period”).
15. If the Finalist fails to return the Contest Release and skill-testing question to the Sponsor within the Contest Release and Skill Period, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, which will be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, the Finalist may be disqualified from the Contest and forfeit the opportunity to be the winner, which will be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. If the Finalist correctly answers the skill-testing question and signs the Contest Release within the Contest Release and Skill Period, then the Finalist will be declared the contest winner (the “Prize Winner”). The declaration of the Prize Winner is at the sole authority and discretion of the Sponsor.
16. There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of $5,000 Canadian dollars (the “Prize”). One (1) Prize will be awarded to the Prize Winner. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize will be awarded by cheque, or at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
17. By entering the Contest, each Contest Entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Contest Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants attest to having read and accepted these Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law.
18. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw, or amend this Contest or the Contest Rules in any way, without prior notice or obligation, and for any reason. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without the right of appeal.
19. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
20. All Contest Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Contest Entry.
21. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram are completely released of all liability by each entrant or participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook or Instagram.
23. The following Content will not be permitted in any circumstances: profanity or offensive language; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, or religious groups; Content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity or behaviour; and any other Content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive. Any Content that is deemed to contain “spam”, advertisements, or references to other websites will be removed, at the sole authority and discretion of the Sponsor.
24. By submitting a Contest Entry, a participant represents and warrants that they have the right to share the Content they submitted, including any trade-marked or copyrighted material. Participants must not submit third-party material unless they have first obtained the consent from the owner of such material.
25. The views expressed by Contest Entrants on Facebook or Instagram or any other website or medium do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the Sponsor, its management or employees. The Sponsor is not responsible for, any disclaims any liability in relation to, the Content, comments, or materials posted in Contest Entries or in relation to the Contest.
26. The Sponsor, their affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their respective employees, representatives, agents, partners, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”) shall not be held liable with respect to any technical or communication malfunction which could limit or prevent any person from entering the Contest. The Released Parties shall not be held liable for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading or transmission of any Content or information related to the participation in the Contest.
27. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any responsibility regarding bodily harm, reputational harm, loss or any damages whatsoever, caused by their participation or their attempt to participate in the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize.
28. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
29. By entering this Contest, the Contest Entrants authorize the Sponsor and their representatives, to use, if required, his/her name, Facebook or Instagram username, Contest Entry and related answers and Content, and/or photographs for advertising or other purposes, without any compensation or notice whatsoever.
30. By entering this Contest, the Prize Winner authorizes the Sponsor and their representatives, to use, if required, his/her name, Facebook or Instagram username, Contest Entry and related answers and Content, photographs, likeness, place of residence, voice and/or statements regarding his/her Prize for advertising or other purposes, without any compensation or notice whatsoever.
31. In no event shall the Sponsor, affiliates or agents be required to award more than one (1) prize or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
32. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
33. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Contest Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest must be brought before a competent court in and of the province of Alberta and will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.